In this episode we’re joined again by Ryan, an American independent game developer in Chengdu, on the cusp of the release of his new game: Carrier Commander. Developed over the course of two years, Ryan shares the story of his game development, from ideation to publishing the game to the iOS App Store and Google Play. There’s a lot to learn from Ryan’s journey, from the resources and tools he used to plan and execute the project to why it’s important to collaborate with others in the production process.
- What’s rewarding about indie game development
- Tools and platforms for game production
- Game design documents: construction and approaches
- Cultivating a multi-disciplinary approach
- Why Chengdu is and isn’t a good place for indie development
- Development of the strategy genre in the touchscreen era